Welcome to ALTFF
1. How did the story for Yellow’s Anxiety come about?
-Well, I always start from the characters and their stories. Yellow's Anxiety is born fusing differents stories. For instance one was a story about the friendship between a girl and an old man who casually met every year under a train shelter. Another one talks about a boy who collects sounds. And another about a little girl who write every morning a list of yellow things. If you watched the film you probably notice bits of every singlo one of these stories in Yellow's Anxiety which then turned in something still different and unique.
2. The film has several themes that appealed well with our audience. Did the story have a main inspiration?
- I don't have a main inspiration: I observe the world. People are the best inspiration. I also read a lot and see many films. I love writing and play with characters and possibilities. Many people says that my style is similar to a fairy tale with strong themes, probably that's a good description. I'm deeply in love with all the things that are different, alone, intricate and decadent, but reality is the best place to find stories, and also an old magician has to be bound with something real and true and this is why we cry when bambi's mother die. Also in a fairy tale reality is really important
3. What were some of the challenges you faced during the film's production?
- Create a short film isn't so simple. The first big problem is the budget. Find the way to create something really professional and good without money isn't so easy. We were lucky, because we found so many people who were happy to help us in so many different's ways. But the monster called budget was always a very big problem. But to be honest there was another very difficult moment before the production phase: during the writing of the shortfilm i had a moment where my first thought was " ok, I want to stop everything. This shortfilm is too difficult, we will never shoot it". Fortunatly my two angels Tommaso and Fabio who helped me in every phase of this works, insisted that "I should go on"
4. What is next for Viola Folador?
- I work as assistant director and director in Milan, but above all for commercials. I dream the world of Cinema. So I start writing again. The title of my next works will be ".buio."
1. (of one or more things) available as another possibility.
The Alternative Film Festival is an IMDb-qualifying quarterly event that is committed to bringing filmmakers of all levels - even beginners - a chance at taking home a festival award. The online competition are held in March, June, September and December.
AltFF accept films in all genres. We are giving out awards in multiple categories.
Each quarter, we will give out a Best Film Award (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter) and the recipients will be interviewed with their films' posters, stills, trailer (if available) and official links (website, social media) posted on our home page. These four winners will then compete for Best Film of the Year Award (commemorative plaque) to be handed out in December.
All other award winners will be permanently displayed in the Winners section of this site. Please note that we will not be displaying your film on our website.
We screen the 6 Best Film Finalists for each edition. All of the other Category Finalists are eligible for IMDb-approved awards.
We are the ALTERNATIVE FILM FESTIVAL - we are not your typical film awards! Our quarterly live event is different - it is an awards event where we will be announcing the winners of each of the many categories within Feature Films, Short Films and Super Short Films. Filmmakers around the world can join us as we reveal the best of the best via Facebook Live! Make sure you follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AltFilmFest to watch.
Named to the Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals for August 2017!
© Copyright. ALTFF. All Rights Reserved.